Analysis of transients in Power Systems
September 26 - 30, 2016
Madison, WI, USA
Through hands-on exercises, you will learn about the analysis and modeling of power system transients. This course is based on the use of EMTP-RV for demonstrating concepts and teaching through practical problem cases, and it will help you simplify complex power system studies and visualize complex concepts.
Expand your understanding of power system transient phenomena and learn about EMTP-RV as a simulation tool.
In this course, you will learn how to model power system equipment, conduct practical power system studies, and assess the validity of the results.
Engineering personnel familiar with the basics of electric power system analysis who need to get more in-depth knowledge of the analysis and simulation of power system transients in areas including:
- Insulation coordination of HV substations and transmission lines
- Rotating machines dynamics
- Application of power electronics and associated controls in power systems
- HVDC and FACTS equipment
- Distribution system and power quality studies
- Wind power generation and interface issues