October 11th, 2016
University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa, GHANA
Course Fee: 500 € (Includes one-day training, training materials, coffee breaks and lunch)
Language: English. As the software is in English all supports will be written in English.
You will receive an automatic email confirming your registration.
The objective of this course is to:
· Give to participants information on overvoltage classification and associated transient phenomenon.
· Give an overview of insulation coordination studies: the objective, the equipment modelization for this type of study.
New comers and also those who want to improve their skills in overvoltages and insulation coordination studies.
· Engineering professionals,
· Research personnel in industry, utilities, universities and consulting companies involved in power systems studies.
· Professionals from power transmission, distribution and production companies.
· Post-graduated students.
The duration of the course is 2 days.
The course starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. every day.
The course is presented in English.
Computer and temporary EMTP-RV license:
Each participant will have to bring a personal computer.
Powersys will provide EMTP-RV temporary licenses for the duration of the course to experiment real cases guided by the instructor.
- Introduction to insulation coordination and overvoltage classification (According to IEC 60071 standard).
- Overview of the transient types.
- Surge arrester presentation.
- Insulation coordination: objectives.
- How to model power systems equipment for fast-front overvoltage studies: towers, lines, arresters, transformers, GIS.
- How to model power systems equipment for fast-front overvoltage studies: towers, lines, arresters, transformers, GIS (continued).
Case study: Insulation coordination of a 765 kV GIS.
- Equipment modelization (frequency-dependant) : towers, lines, transformers, GIS.
- Lightning stroke modelization.
- Surge arrester modelization.
- Running simulation and result analysis.
- Questions / Answers.
University of Mines and Technology
UMaT Auditorium, Seminar Room
Accra – Ghana
General conditions for EMTP-RV courses:
Please register as early as possible if you plan to attend the EMTP-RV course. As soon as the minimum of participants is reached, POWERSYS will confirm the course.
Participants will have to pay 50% in advance before the course. The outstanding balance will be due 30 days after the end of the course. Payment will be made by bank transfer or credit card.
Cancellation can be made according to POWERSYS’ General Conditions for courses:
Withdrawal from the Course:
In case you cannot attend the course after having registred, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of cancellation three weeks OR MORE before the beginning of the course, the participants will not be charged.
In case of cancellation less than three weeks before the beginning of the course, POWERSYS will charge the participant 50% of the course fees.
Please note that POWERSYS will not reimburse any travel and/or accommodation expenditure in case of cancellation of the course. We recommend you to make your travel arrangements once the course is confirmed.
Contact for course information:
Mr. Fono Jules | email@example.com
POWERSYS | SOFTWARE & SERVICES
Les Jardins de l‘Entreprise | BP 35 | 13610 – Le Puy Sainte Reparade | France