Course Fee: $2495
POWERSYS is pleased to announce a 5 days EMTP-RV course in las Vegas from November 16 to 20, 2015. This course is organised by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
>> Official webpage:
- Introduction to Power Systems Analysis and Modeling Tools
- Introduction to EMTP-RV Using Examples
- EMTP-RV Simulation Options
- Power System Device Models
- Transmission and Distribution Lines
- The Study of a Complete System
- Power System Stability Studies, Electromechanical Oscillations
- Insulation Coordination of a 230 kV Transmission System
- Statistical Analysis
- Wind Plant Modeling
- Unbalanced Distribution Systems
- Distributed Generation Integration Studies: Solar PV
- HVDC Systems Comparisons through modeling
- Attendees with a limited understanding of power system transients will find that the case study approach will introduce the various families of transients in a manner that develops an in-depth understanding of the phenomena.
- Attendees with a more detailed background in power system transients will find that this course will augment their knowledge by providing extended case study exercises to explore.
- Users of any EMTP-type program will benefit by increasing their knowledge of transient analysis and simulation.
The duration of the course is 5 days.
The course is presented in English.
Earn PDH, LU, CEU
By participating in this course, you will earn 30 Professional Development Hours (PDH) and 3 Continuing Education Units (CEU). Learn more about PDH, LU, CEU and state licensing boards.
This course is intended for engineering personnel familiar with the basics of electric power system analysis who need more in-depth knowledge of the analysis and simulation of power system transients. This will include:
- Power system analysts
- Transmission engineers
- Substation engineers
- Wind generation analysts